An effective social finance initiative that enables collaboration between the general public and Bank Islam to distribute much-needed funds to non-governmental organisations, charitable organisations or social enterprises for the betterment of the disadvantaged and underprivileged communities
2019 SADAQA HOUSE BENEFICIARIES
- Institut Jantung Negara (“IJN”) Foundation RM214,500 successfully raised for assisting 12 congenital heart disease patients, who come from poor backgrounds, to undergo heart surgery at IJN.
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (“UTM”), Jabatan Kemajuan Orang Asli , Institut Latihan Perindustrian Kepala Batas, Pejabat Agama Islam Daerah Tapah RM95,000 successfully raised for the installation of Solar Power System at Kampung Orang Asli Woh Intake.
- Yayasan Sultanah Bahiyah RM22,836.39 successfully raised to assist 10 women micro-entrepreneurs from B40 families in purchasing business equipment.
myWakaf (initiatied by AIBIM)
Bank Islam has been appointed by Majlis Agama Islam dan Adat Istiadat Melayu Perlis as the leading bank in managing the fund for the construction of Tunku Fauziah Hospital Dialysis Centre (“HTF”) on the Waqf land situated at Kangar, Perlis.
Zakat & CSR Funds over RM4.6 million
Over 11,300 beneficiaries under socio-economic initiatives
AMAL Bank Islam
- Projek Bantuan Rumah
The programme strives to solve the plight of those in need of proper housing with a conducive living environment for the family. Since its inception in 2008, 297 houses have been constructed or repaired across the country at the total cost of more than RM9.2 million. The year under review saw more than RM850,000 allocated for the programme, with 14 families in Sabah receiving proper houses.
- Jom ke Sekolah
This nationwide programme was initiated to support schoolchildren from poor economic backgrounds with proper schooling necessities. The year under review saw RM 246,640 used to assist 736 schoolchildren from the states of Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Selangor, Kedah, Pulau Pinang, Terengganu and Sabah.
- AMAL Musa’adah
A collaboration with Amanah Ikhtiar Malaysia (“AIM”), to support the underprivileged to earn a decent living and improve their overall economic situation. AIM selected participants are provided with the means to enhance their small businesses. In 2019, the programme contributed RM69,299 worth of equipment and items to 56 beneficiaries in the state of Kedah.
Donation of 50 Braille reference books for blind schoolchildren under Yayasan Orang Buta Malaysia. This RM4,500 worth of contribution reinforces a commitment to help the disabled and support them in leading better lives.
- AMAL Ihtimam
An annual festive programme that brings festive cheer to orphans and elderly living in shelter homes, as well as to poor families who otherwise have no funds for a proper celebration:
- RM66,750 worth of Syawal contributions to 250 asnaf and 223 poor students and children
- RM27,250 worth of contributions for the fishing community in Batu Maung, Pulau Pinang, which benefitted 101 asnaf. The contributions were made in collaboration with Lembaga Kemajuan Ikan Malaysia Pulau Pinang.
- Semarak Ramadan In collaboration with Berita Harian
This programme shares the joy of Ramadan and ‘Berbuka Puasa’ with members of the public and communities, with further contributions in the form of Zakat to the disadvantaged.
2019 Semarak Ramadan with Fire and Rescue Department’s personnel of the Shah Alam station
The event is a reflection of appreciation for Bomba personnel who are on duty in saving lives even during the fasting month of Ramadan.
2019 Semarak Ramadan with the community of Kampung Sg. Baru, Melaka.
RM25,000 worth of Zakat funds were contributed to the asnaf and students of the village. The contribution included RM5,000 donated to Masjid Al-Hasaniah at the village.
- Amal untuk Alam
Environmental awareness among Bank Islam’s employees
e-Waste Campaign organised at Menara Bank Islam to encourage employees and other tenants of the building to donate unused electronic items for recycling.
Distribution of stainless-steel straws to all Bank Islam employees at the HQ and branches throughout the country, to encourage the practice of re-using everyday items.
Contribution 50 cartons of isotonic drinks, 2,000 energy bars and 20 boxes of N95 masks were made available to volunteers assisting at the forefront during the toxic waste chemical incident at Pasir Gudang, Johor.
Plogging is a combination of “plucking” and “jogging,” a multitasking activity that combines keeping the environment clean by collecting trash with actions that burn calories.
About 400 volunteers consisting of Bank Islam employees as well as from Majlis Perbandaran Kuantan, SW Corp, Alam Flora, Kolej Universiti Islam Pahang Sultan Ahmad Shah, Kolej Vokasional Kuantan, Kolej Poly-tech Maram and Universiti Islam Antarabangsa participated in cleaning up a 2 km stretch of Pantai Sepat located near Kuantan, Pahang.
AMAL team contributing five units of swings for visitors to the beach to enjoy, including six units of ‘bangku santai’, along with cash contributions to three families in need.
Sustainable Community Development at Pulau Tuba
Helped to create a sustainable future for the local communities at Pulau Tuba and conserve precious marine resources.
- Distribution of 20 FADs (Unjam) at Pulau Nyior Setali (10) and Pulau Lima (10), with BHB contributing RM10,000 for the construction of FADs
- Contribution of RM3,000 worth of grocery items to 30 asnaf, with each receiving RM300 worth of items
- Beach plogging activity with 200 students from four schools in Pulau Tuba (SMK Langkawi, SK Pulau Tuba, SK Lubuk Cempedak, SK Selat Bagan Nyior) as well as the local communities
Takaful myJalinan Kasih:
- 43 disadvantaged children from Pusat Jagaan Telaga Kasih Nur Muhammad and Home of Hope AlKhaadem were taken shopping for raya apparel and cash was contributed for the shelters’ needs.
- Cheer to Paediatric Patients Celebrated Chinese New Year with 50 paediatric patients at Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz UKM (“HCTM”). The patients were presented with a giftpack of toys and Ang Pows, and a donation of RM5,000 was made to the HCTM patient’s welfare fund. An additional amount RM8,892 was also donated to HCTM along with four units of wheelchairs during Takaful Malaysia’s visit to the hospital.
- Helping the Disabled
Collaborated with Malaysian Association for the Blind and Al-Tasneem Sdn. Bhd. in launching a first-of-its-kind an electronic device called the e-Cane. Takaful Malaysia distributed 100 e-Cane devices worth more than RM400,000 for the blind and visually-impaired. In addition, Takaful Malaysia donated RM20,000 to Pusat Harian Kanak-kanak Spastik Bandar Ipoh in Perak.
Takaful myJalinan Ilmu
- Monetary assistance was provided to educational institutions and its students. The event also provided a platform to reach out to the local communities and help them to understand the concept of Takaful better, as well as convey its importance in providing coverage and protection.
Location Recipients and Contribution Details
Sekolah Kebangsaan Sungai Lui, Selangor
• 77 indigenous schoolchildren
• RM15,000 donated to the school Sekolah Kebangsaan Pulau Indah, Selangor
• 50 indigenous schoolchildren received RM300 each
• RM15,000 donated to the school
Sekolah Kebangsaan Sungai Megat Aris, Perak
• 30 students received RM300 each
• RM15,000 donated to the school
Sekolah Kebangsaan Tanjung Piandang, Perak
• 20 students received RM300 each
• RM15,000 donated to the school
Pusat Wakaf dan Zakat Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (“USIM”) RM30,000 was donated to which benefitted 30 asnaf students of the campus.
- Back to School Programmes
• 230 underprivileged primary school students from three primary schools received financial assistance for payment of the children’s school administration fee and activity books, pocket money as well as purchase of back-to-school supplies.
• A total of RM43,100 was contributed to the initiative.
- Nurturing Reading Habits • 120 books published by Institut Terjemahan Buku Malaysia (“ITBM”) were distributed to Surau Nurul Falah in conjunction with “Kempen Membaca Kebangsaan”.
Investing In Education For Future Leaders
BIMB Securities community-related activities are centred on sharing its financial knowledge and experience with students of higher learning institutions.
INVESTMENT CHALLENGE GAME
Students of Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia
Students of Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
NATIONAL SEMINAR ON ISLAMIC CAPITAL MARKET II
Students of Universiti Teknologi Petronas